LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT :
Dear Potential CCMBA Member, on behalf of the CCMBA Board of Directors and Officers, we would like to invite you to join the Calvert County Minority Business Alliance. July 1, 2007 marks the beginning of our first full fiscal year – the organization officially started in January 2007, although we have been planning since June 2006.
Please note that the organization has established standing workgroups under the Membership Development Committee – Business Services, Government Contracting, Personal Services, Retail, Transportation, Construction, Human Services, Education and Training and Real Estate. Each member is assigned to at least one workgroup. The purpose is to provide ideas and suggestions that better serve your business.
CCMBA has accomplished many objectives since its inception in January 2007 in the areas of policy and legislative development, member development and training, and business development and networking. Our upcoming program years will continue this trend.
Bryant Parker, President CCMBA
Benefits to Joining the CCMBA:
- Participate in forums and seminars on special issues for free or at member rates. These occur in the morning in a breakfast format setting or in the evening, as a part of a networking opportunity. These events are part of the Entrepreneurship Training Series and Business to Business Power Networking Sessions.
- Network with like minded business owners throughout the southern Maryland tri county region and at times across the state of Maryland.
- Participate in major ½ day or 1 day event with workshops and panelists at member rates.
- Receive advocacy on behalf of the minority business community with our legislators at the federal, state, and local level to improve the business climate.
- Opportunity to promote your business at CCMBA business meetings.
- CCMBA Membership Listing.
- Membership Discount Program.
- Membership Referrals.
- Opportunity to submit articles and be featured in CCMBA News.
- Comprehensive briefings regarding local, state and federal policies and initiatives.
- Receive information regarding prime contract, subcontract, and teaming arrangements for local, state, federal and private sector contracts.
- Access to technical assistance through service providers and strategic partnerships in the areas of business plans, market analysis, insurance, marketing, procurement, business management, sales, site location, accounting, taxes, financial planning, etc.