The Maryland Department of Labor’s (DLLR) Division of Workforce Development and Adult Learning Maryland Workforce Exchange (MWE) (https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/) is a dynamic virtual One Stop Employment Center. The site is specifically designed for job seekers, students, case managers, employers, training providers, workforce professionals, and others seeking benefits and services. The system provides fast access to a complete set of employment tools in one website. Surveys have proven that users find it convenient and very useful.
The MWE portal connects agencies, programs and services electronically to assist and connect employers and jobseekers. The system provides integrated services via the Internet for individuals, employers, training providers, workforce staff and one-stop partners and dramatically improves customer satisfaction, staff efficiency and overall performance. The new MWE also provides easy access to current labor market information allowing customers to compare information such as typical wage rates, the total number of similar jobs available locally and the competition for the job. The enhanced MWE provides employers with better solutions for online recruiting through use of advanced resume search tools, automated correspondence and applicant tracking.
Features to help job seekers and students within the system include:
- Use a professional format to create and send resumés and cover letters to employers
- Assess your job skills, set goals, and research training providers
- Review available jobs and apply online
- Set up a Virtual Recruiter search agent to automatically review job postings and notify you of jobs that match your skills
- Track your job search efforts and resumés sent in a personal profile folder online
- Learn about services and benefits for which you may be eligible
- Determine a budget and plan for training
- Research regional labor market information, such as salaries
- Use the email/message center to contact employers and your case manager
Employer users will find the following features helpful:
- Define skills and post job orders to find potential candidates
- Research labor market information on salaries and economic data
- Set up a Virtual Recruiter search agent to automatically find candidates within the system that match the job skills of the job order
- Communicate with job seekers, case managers, training providers, and others within the system email and message center.
In summary, the user-friendly system will assist you with your job search and workforce service needs. To use the MD Workforce Exchange 24/7 web portal, visit https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/. Source: MD Workforce Exchange